Freed from the bondage of not being able to update the blog! Some computer glitch was preventing it all this time!
So here we are again... The Latest
In November I was following my usual exercise routine taking a step aerobics class at LA Fitness--I've been going there about 1 1/2 years--and the instructor approached me afterward explaining the desperate need for a Pilates instructor, and would I be interested. For a long time I had been considering teaching Step, and had looked into getting certified, and thought this would be a foot in the door, so I accepted! I was hired that very day, and began training, and taught my first class Dec. 4th. I own a class every Thursday at 8:30am.
I love the idea of still getting my regular exercise in each morning, and getting a free membership, and thought--why not try to get classes every morning--so I also got a job at 24 Hour fitness, where I do not yet own a class, but will be subbing for awhile. I get free memberships to two clubs! They both have awesome kids clubs (free) and Dony can also get a free membership at 24 HR!! I'm so lucky! Since beginning my training, and have lost anywhere from 0 to 3 pounds--depending on what the scale tells me from one day to the next, but have gone down a size and lowered my fat percentage 4%!
Then.... Dec. 16th, Shane competed in the Bailey Jr. High spelling bee and won!!! (FYI--Shane won the school Bee in 4th grade, and 6th grade, and in the Area Bee won 3rd and 4th places each year, he also won a Barnes and Nobles Bee!) This makes his 4th championship Bee!! He placed so well at both Area Bees (that is where he advances to after a school Bee) we are hoping for a winner this year! Shane also has been busy writing, he wrote a short story to present to loved ones for Christmas, and a cool essay about Santa's Christmas midnight travels. He has a goal of being published before age 14 (one year left!) His writing teacher--on her own accord-- told us she felt he was many years advanced in his writing abilities, and his whole class loves to often hear samples of his work.
We stayed home for Christmas due to several weddings for Dony to photograph. He is getting busier and busier--he is not advertising at all, only word of mouth referrals, and the jobs keep coming in--which has been a blessing since we had to replace both cars and home A/C unit from our cash savings this year. We both have to admit--his business saved us this year!!! He is getting extreemely serious about his studio, and works on the design every chance he gets. His business plan is developing nicely, he has some amazing ideas that will set his business apart from other Photographers in an very appealing way. Once his studio is built and he is ready to advertise, I am sure his business will go through the roof. Anyway, I love to talk about my awesome husband, but I'll just add the link to some of his work instead, take a look for yourself.
http://www.designedfocus.com/family/
http://www.designedfocus.com/weddings/
He's so awesome! I know I keep saying that, but it is true-his work only compares with that of the very best in the business!
No comments:
Post a Comment