I think I forgot to live in January, and somehow skipped through to February--it went by in 2 seconds! I am pretty sure that is indication I was much too busy the whole month. I spent my spare time studying for my AFAA certification exam, and preparing for an audition at 24 Hr Fitness (to get a few more formats and classes) I did well in my audition, and now I'm approved for 8 classes there.
I started a brand new class at LA Fitness, teaching a Saturday morning Pilates class last weekend, and my supervisor was shocked and amazed that 19 people attended (usually start-ups are very small.) I subbed an evening Pilates class in January where I enjoyed my biggest class ever--25 people, and after one of my morning classes of 13 people, half of them stayed after to tell me how much they loved my class, and I left on cloud-nine! I had no idea I would enjoy teaching so much. I also never expected how much time was involved in training, studying and preparing, but that is only because I am new (but want to give the illusion that I am very experienced.) I know my schedule will ease a lot very soon, I just have to get over this hump.
In a couple weeks I'll start another brand new class at LA Fitness on Tuesday mornings, making a total of 3 classes there. I do not teach any classes at 24 HR yet, only sub work so far. I will test for my certification this Friday--a written exam, and a practical exam. I am not worried about the tests, I think I'll do fine, but I won't know anyone, and I'll be in an unfamiliar place--I still don't know where to go (it is at UTA--walking distance from home!)
My two biggest challenges with teaching exercise--finding appropriate, yet motivating music, and finding modest, affordable, professional fitness clothing to wear.
Dony worked on 3 total wedding packages in January, and acquiring a few new pieces of equipment. His work is just beautiful, those who have had Dony shoot thier weddings certainly get to remember the day at it's finest! He and I enjoyed our 14th wedding anniversary on the 13th, and his mom let the kids stay over at her house one Friday night through Saturday, while Dony and I ate a lot, shopped and bowled--we even skipped working out to have more time for eating and fun!
Last week was a little unusual for our family since Francis Seilenga (an elderly man from Africa--and great friend) stayed with us almost the whole week while he had medical appointments and tests. He lives in Oklahoma. In the middle of the week, school was canceled due to a horrible ice storm, making it unsafe to drive anywhere!
Next week will be the BIG Area Spelling Bee for Shane! Watch live on AISD TV, Wednesday at 8:30am Texas time! This is his 3rd time competeing at this level, and after so many almost-wins, maybe this time will be IT!!
Yesterday Christelle pretty much demanded I cut her hair before school--she has always had very long hair, and since her friends had donated thier long hair to "Locks of Love" she wanted to as well. It is amazing the influence of friends, because forever I have suggested she cut it just for a new look, and she always maintains she would keep it long, she wanted the longest hair of anyone in class. I am sure a sweet cancer patient will enjoy her beautiful hair now. I am still waiting for it to dry completely (I cut it wet, and placed it in hair-bands before cutting) then bag and mail it to California.
I finished our taxes--yeah! I did them in one day (the ice-storm day last week,) we had less income last year, and so a little lower return, but it will be refreshing to get it! We have been basically poor since we used our emergency savings to replace Donys car after the accident last year, followed by a choice to replace the family van for our vacation, then almost all that was left got depleted when our A/C went out at home. But, we are very proud that we were prepared to pay cash for 2--almost new cars last year, and that we still remain debt free. We know so completely the blessings of paying tithing, and following the prophets council to be debt free and have money set aside for emergencies. We would never do it any other way. The prophet really does reveal to us the secrets of living happily in trying times! We are so very blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment