Friday, March 6, 2009

I added the videos of the cute girls, but forgot to give any explanation.... You may have gathered they were in the school Talent show last week, each sang a solo.

Christelle had technical difficulties with her CD, and had to stand alone on the stage for 2 minutes while back stage personnel cleaned her CD and got it going, then when she began, the mic had been turned off, but she carried on without missing a beat...or a note. Her voice has developed a lot since last year, she sounds as good as the pros!

Kimberly sand "I Am Learning How To Spell" which has no karaoke CD, so we had a friend record it on her keyboard, and Kimberly had one day to practice with it--she nailed it the first time!

Rebekah impressed me a lot, she was faced with severe stage fright at the rehearsals, but when it came to the real-deal, she walked right out never looking a bit afraid! Have you ever seen the little 6 year old Connie sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" on Britains Got Talent? She sang without accompaniment because IT IS HARD to sing with a recorded accompaniment--Rebekah worked very hard, practicing 100 times (at least) getting the words, the notes and the timing. Not every Kindergartener can do that.

Birthdays!!!!

Shane said "Now am I supposed to start yelling and arguing and being rebellious?" when he turned 13 on Feb. 21st. Teenager!!! He's going to be sooooo easy! (I wonder if I'll say that as my girls become teens?)

Rebekah turned 6 the day before the Talent Show, on Feb. 25th She lost her first tooth Monday, March 2.

No comments: